Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot stamp/watermark on 2014 student version

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sequeirs
1661 Views, 3 Replies

Plot stamp/watermark on 2014 student version

Hello All!

Just curious - did the 2014 version turn off the watermarking for printed sheets? I was helping some students print in 2014, and none of them had the black bars that I was used to seeing in earlier versions. Checked my home educational version, and no black bars. So did we just get lucky or did these get removed from the program?

Thanks,

S. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mpwuzhere
in reply to: sequeirs

I believe as long as you open and print from the student version, and it is still licensed, it prints just fine.  If you open that file in regular Revit it will add the bars.

Message 3 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: mpwuzhere

Actually, I think the watermarking was removed in the most recent student versions. Revit has never added watermarking to the FILE itself. The watermarking was done at the application level. i.e. Print from student version black bars, same file, print from a full version no black bars. That has always been different from the way AutoCAD implemented this at the FILE level, where the student version file carried the watermark where ever it was used.

Anyhow, I think watermarking was totally removed from the most recent student versions of Revit.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 4

O God those 4 huge bars drink ink. I am glad that they discontinued them in later student versions but unfortunately I still have a version (2013) that does print those bars. Ink is high nowadays. Won't be trying to print until I am up and running with an owned version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report