Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help - problems with filled regions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ebrown3876
545 Views, 3 Replies

Please Help - problems with filled regions

good morning. i have found a problem with filled regions, or maybe this is an on-going problem ment to be addressed from autodesk. bottom line, the filled region is hiding lines. when drawing the region i am using invisible lines and it looks good before i plot. when i plot the drawing the invisible lines sit ontop of either wall lines or footing lines and it somehow masks those lines. i have utilized the arrange controls to send all filled regions the the back however, this is not working. i am attaching a file with two views, #1 is of the detail view itself before being plotted and #2 the plotted view. as you can see i have circled some of the areas where the filled region lines sit ontop of my footing or wall lines. when this is plotted, these lines are erased, (using vector prcessing) or they are very thin (using raster processing). does anyone have any work-arounds or have a solution to this problem. thank you for your help in advance.

eric brown
BIM Consultant / Sr. Structural BIM Designer
Certified AutoCAD & Revit Professional
Lochsa Engineering
Las Vegas,
Nevada
Structural-Civil-Traffic Survey-BIM-Flood Control-Project Management
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: ebrown3876

If the slab, footing and foundation in that view are part of your model, then any filled region you draw over the top of it is going to override/mask the intersecting part of the model.

You might want to select the individual lines of the filled region that overlap with the model and make them the same lineweight (thin, wide, etc.) as the model object that they overlap, rather than leave them as invisible lines. Not all boundaries of a filled region have to be the same lineweight/linetype, just in case you didn't already know.

If, however, the slab, footing and foundation are another filled region(s), then sending the invisible-boundaried region to back should work.
Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 4
ebrown3876

thank you for your reply. um, i had a brain-f-a-r-t for a few seconds there and quickly figured it out. yes, i changed the lines that were overlapping my model to the same thickness and left the rest of them, that i didn't want to see, invisible. Good Grief.... again, thank you for your time and your reply.
BIM Consultant / Sr. Structural BIM Designer
Certified AutoCAD & Revit Professional
Lochsa Engineering
Las Vegas,
Nevada
Structural-Civil-Traffic Survey-BIM-Flood Control-Project Management
Message 4 of 4
rosskirby

Hey, it's that kind of day.

Glad you got it figured out.
Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report