Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please extend your time to guide me on Dome Square

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
craviteja
3631 Views, 11 Replies

Please extend your time to guide me on Dome Square

Dear All,

as a beginner of using Revit Architecture, got struck up in doing a Model ,

DOME SQUARE

I tried to start with Bevel Option, but It happenning in a square form ,

can any one guide me in preparing this form please,

Thanks in advance for educating me Revit Architecture, 

Kind Regards

ravi, 

Sorry about my English

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: craviteja

I understand that you are talking about a dome of square plan. If that is correct, this can be created as a parametric family with the generic model adaptive template, using 2 reference lines and 1 reference spline. The central point is lifted to be hosted by a reference plane, which controls the height of the apex point.

dome_square.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 12
craviteja

Dear Alfredo:-

Thanks for your reply, with Screen shots, for more understanding, 

Sorry about my english , failed to ask correctly, 

Please do find the attached Images, about I am talking, 

It would be great if you provide any screen shots, 

Thanks for time and consideration, 

Kind Regards

Ravi

Message 4 of 12
Alfredo_Medina

Well, that is similar. It can be done with the same methods. Start with the generic adaptive template, make a projection in plan view. The straight edges are reference lines, and the curved edges are Splines. Then go to a front elevation and create reference planes to control the heights. Then lift points to their correspondent height. Finally, load into project, an convert faces to walls. I suggest you to watch these videos to get an introduction to modeling objects with the generic adaptive template:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=13709407&linkID=9243097

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 12
craviteja
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Dear Alfredo;-

Thank you very much for your suggestions and Live example, 

I will concentarte on the basics, 

Nice of you, 

Kind Regards, 

c RavitejA

Message 6 of 12
loboarch

This could also be done without conceptual modeling tools.  The form is reqally just a solid cube with 2 void barrel valuts cutting it at 90 deg.  Then the cneter is hollowed by creating a void hemisphere.  The interior corner conditions might need some additional work depending on the exact condition and modeling needs.  This should get pretty close.

square_dome.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 12
craviteja
in reply to: loboarch

Dear Sir:-

Thanks for your reply, 

Iam not very good at english, dint understand correctly, 

It would be really great if you drop any images apart from those , how creating those Cube vauls cutting 90Degree

your guidance will definitely will boost My experience in Learning Revit Architectre, 

Thanks for your time, 

Kind regards

Ravi

Message 8 of 12
loboarch

Below is an image showing all of the forms that are used to create the final square dome.

The light blue is the solid cube I started with.  The 2 orange forms that are at right angles to each other are voids in the shape of a vault.  They are used to "cut" material away from the cube leaving the square dome shape on the exterior.  You can see the void hemisphere I placed and used to "cut" interior space out. 

square_dome_construction.png

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 9 of 12
craviteja
in reply to: loboarch

Dear Sir:-

Thanks a ton for those images and your time

Nice of you

Message 10 of 12
Alfredo_Medina

Or a solid by sweep. The section of the dome is the profile, and the square at the base is the path:

dome square.jpg

Message 11 of 12
craviteja

Dear Sir:

Wow, 

Ita a easy way , 

DEAR ALL , thanks for your amazing solutions and techniques to create the model , 

and also your guidance, providing the screen images, 

So nice of you,  

Kind Regards, 

Ravi

Message 12 of 12
loboarch

I tried creating it from a sweep at first, but it did not want to make the form for me for some reason.  Make my profile was not closed or something?  That is why I moved to the viod form solution.  Just goes to show there is more than one way to skin a cat.  Smiley Happy

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report