Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing Structural Systems on Face

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kyleboyd
571 Views, 5 Replies

Placing Structural Systems on Face

How can I switch the orientation of a structural system placed on a tilted face.  In other words, I have framing that snaps to the underside, and I need it flipped to the topside of the face.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: kyleboyd

Select the beams and change their "z-direction offset value".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
kyleboyd
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Each beam? There is no way to do this for the whole system? So I have to do this for hundreds, perhaps thousands of beams?

Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

If you had a hundred beams or a thousand beams of the same type, you could still select them all at once and write the new setting just once.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6

Another solution is to create a slanted reference plane, offset inward from the face, the same depth of the beam. Then select the beam system > Edit work plane > the named reference plane. That will shift the beam system.

Message 6 of 6
kyleboyd

Ah thanks!! Great tips, especially the second as not all my beams need to be offset. But both can be made to work, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report