Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing floor and auto trim wall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bella_checco
328 Views, 2 Replies

Placing floor and auto trim wall

Hi all, it's my first post and my english isn't very good, so i'm just starting apologizing.

My question is related to the floor placement: when i select the boundary (automated picking wall to wall's core), i select the green check-mark then the program asks me if i want to attach the wall to the floor's bottom, i select yes and the wall automatically sets its height. The problem is that also the external layer (not structural) of the wall get shorter, so i have to allign everyone manually. Is it possible to avoid this step?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

• FOR INTERIOR WALLS - set  Constraints to : Base Constraint : Level 1 and Top Constraint: Level 2
  • and FOR EXTERIOR WALLS - set  Constraints to : Base Constraint : Level 1 and Top Constraint: Unconected
  • if you want to make exterior walls only one level height , then set Unconected Height to the height of the Level (as in my screenshot)

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Unconnect the top of the wall is the only way to solve my problem? because i prefer to have my walls locked at a level line, in case i decide to change the height of the floor (it's unusual, but you never know).

Anyway, thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report