Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking a window issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
octavio2
251 Views, 5 Replies

Picking a window issue

When I select a window to copy it, during the frist time while I just touch it, the family editor of the window opens quickly, it seems to be related to a setting.  I have tried to change the settings of the mouse but still I have the same problem.  Is there a setting somewhere that I allows me to select it or choose this speed so the family editor does not opens when it is not intended?

Also, another issue:  I copied the first floor walls to the second level of a new project, and on the second level plan I see the ref pflanes but I do not see the walls.  I see the walls in a buidling section and in elevations of the building, but not on the plan.  What is the reason that I cannot see the wall and things on the Level 2?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: octavio2

Hi
If you are using version 2014.Double-click to add is.

This is done by double clicking on some of the elements that can be configured into space.

For example, Type propertis or family editor.

You can use the following method to set:

Aplication>Options>User Interface>Double-click Options>،Then click on the Customize button, a window will appear and select Set Family.

7.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6

for question no 2:

• You said the problem appears only in a View although the model object (the wall ) exists at his right extents. If so, check two things:
  1. in Plan View in Properties>Vsiblity/Graphics Overrides >Model Caegories - see if Walls are checked
  2. verify the View Range to see where  the Cut Plane is placed

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
octavio2

I found out that the second floor issue was because I had the Phasing Filter and Phase wrong (but thanks for your answer any way Constatin - this gave me some insight to any other future issues that I might have with View Ranges as you implicated).

Message 5 of 6
octavio2
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

The double click sugestion worked. Thanks for your answer.

Message 6 of 6
octavio2

Now that the second floor walls are seen, and also the roof is seen in Roof plan, I am trying to add a dormer to the sloped roof, but when I am in roof sketch mode it would not let me do it and the roof is deleted.  It seems like a connection or constrain issue that I haven'g been able to figure out.  If any one has a suggestion, I will appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report