Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phasing: Window demotion and replacement with smaller one

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
autoMick
1756 Views, 3 Replies

Phasing: Window demotion and replacement with smaller one

Hi, I drawing up phases in a rennovation. I have two phases

• Existing
  • New Construction (during which demoition also occurs)

and have 3 plan views showing:

• Existing Phase (Show All)
  • Existing + Demolition (Show Previous + Demo)
  • Existing + Demolition + New Construction (Show All)

My issue is with a 3 panel window (including sliding glass door) which is to be demolished and replaced by a 2 panel window (including glass door). The remaining bay is to be bricked up. What is happening is that the demolition of the 3 bay window during the new construction phase is closing up the opening as it should, however the addition of the new 2 bay window is not creating its new opening correctly (I think). The result being that new window remains bricked up. I'm not sure if this is a display issue or a family issue.

I hope this is making some sense. Attached are screen shots of the 3 plan views described above

Thanks

- Mick

3D Existing.PNGExisting

3D New.PNGNew Construction

Exist.PNGExisting

Demo.PNGDemolition

New.PNGNew Construction

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: autoMick

So you have probably already checked this - but is everything on the correct phase - the phase created for the wall is existing, the  phase created for the 3 panel window is existing, then it is demo'ed in new construction, and then the new window phase created is new construction. Right?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
autoMick
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi Lisa, yes I've checked all is correct. I think what is happening is that there are four things happening during the new construction phase, and revit is not getting them in the right order. What should happen is:

- old window is demolished

- old opening is closed

- new window is created

- new opening created

but what I think is happening is:

- old window is demolished

- new window is created

- new opening created

- old opening is closed

I've read elsewhere that there is no need to create a separate phase just for 'demolition' but maybe this is a case where it is required?

Message 4 of 4
autoMick
in reply to: autoMick

Actually, I've just fixed it. I moved the new window to a new unaffected part of the wall, then moved it back to to the correct location - and now it works as desired. Thanks for the input.

Regards

- Mick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report