Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phasing or multiple files for renovation concepts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ttocsvtec
238 Views, 1 Reply

Phasing or multiple files for renovation concepts

Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to Revit, (but have an extensive AutoCAD background) and Im having some trouble coming up with the best way to give a client multiple options for a renovation to an existing space. My question is would it be better for me to create one file that has an existing, demo, new construction opt 1 phase and a new construction opti 2 phase or would I be better off creating a 2 copies of the file and rename them option 1 & option 2 for the two scenarios? Any drawbacks or advantages to either one would be appreciated. 

TIA

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
L.Maas
in reply to: ttocsvtec

Revit even has a separate function for these instances Design Options.

Design Option.png

I normally look at the project (complexity, size etc) and estimate my clients wishes. For example if I expect that the two (or more) design options wil run parallel and/or are diverting for quite some time I might opt for two (or more) separate files. If iI expect only (many) minor differences I might choose design options.

Phasing I normally do not use for these kind of things. Phases are more sequential processes. Design options are (usually) notsequential and might cause conflicts when used for degn options.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report