Revit Architecture

Alex S
Message 1 of 2 (63 Views)

Phases

63 Views, 1 Replies
08-18-2004 06:02 PM
I am fairly new at revit and currently I am interested in renovations. What am I required to do is an existing plan and a plan with the new extension.

My problem is that I can not switch between phases. Once I use the demolition command, the walls stay that way and I am not able to view or print the existing plan.
*Scott Davis
Message 2 of 2 (63 Views)

Re: Phases

08-18-2004 08:56 PM in reply to: Alex S
You need to set up additional views (make copies of the views) with phase filters. Each phase is a range in time. When you draw your inital model, set all those elements to the existing phase. Now duplicate the view, and set the phase filter to "Show Previous and demo" then use the demo tool. It will show the 'existing" items, and the demo items. Wehn done, duplicate the view again, and set the phase filter to "show previous and new" and se tthe phase to New construvtion. Now draw in the new stuff, and the view will show only the exisitng elements, and the new elements. "Alex S" wrote in message news:349495.1092877392531.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am fairly new at revit and currently I am interested in renovations. What am I required to do is an existing plan and a plan with the new extension. > > My problem is that I can not switch between phases. Once I use the demolition command, the walls stay that way and I am not able to view or print the existing plan.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.