Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phases Problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
doni49
298 Views, 3 Replies

Phases Problem

I created a model of our building's Existing conditions.  Everything was placed with "Phase" set to Existing.

Now I'm getting ready to create my first proposed work based on this.  I made two copies of my floor plan view and cropped both of them.  Then I TRIED to change one of them to "Show Existing +DEMO" and the other to "Show Existing + NEW". 

However EVERY time I change one view, they BOTH change.

I THOUGHT I understood phasing.  But how, I'm not so sure.

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: doni49

I don't believe that the issue here lies with the Phasing. It sounds to me that when you duplicated your view, you selected "Duplicate as a Dependent" which keeps the two views 'linked', so if you change a View setting, it will change it for both as you have described. In your Project Browser, are your Views shown staggered like in this image?

DependentView.JPG

If not, it could possibly be a matter of the View Template (if using 2013 or later).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4

in my opinion could be:

• when you Duplicate View you made it Duplicate as Dependent 
  • if you have not demolitions and new constructions entities  the Views are not different...
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yep.  That's exactly what I did.  Thanks.  I'll get these things mastered yet.  🙂

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report