Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance of sandwich panels for cladding or insulation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fflores_IN
1354 Views, 4 Replies

Performance of sandwich panels for cladding or insulation

Good afternoon:
I would appreciate any help or a link where they show the most optimum way to make a sandwich panel.
This building material is usually made of two sheets of 0.5 (for example) and a core shaped polyurethane insulation, rock wool, etc ...

Such panels are widely used in both partitions as walls or roofs in industrial buildings.

The most common manufacturers can be Italpannelli, Arcelor, etc ...

Sincerely,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: fflores_IN

Sounds like you can do that with a wall type with 3 layers: finish + structure + finish. Configure the material and thickness of each layer as per your needs.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
gpktm
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I have the same problem and Revit won't let me do the skin as a finish layer. The thickness of the panel skin is 0.55mm but Revit won't let me to use not even 1mm layer thickness as is considering is too thin.

Message 4 of 5
fflores_IN

Thanks, I'm seeing. Happy New Year.

Message 5 of 5
parveen.revit

i think it should be a part of wall of roof composition.

it's not a separate wall alone, try to put these 3 layers inside a wall composition (even there either you can choose membrane layer or have to give the minimum required thinkness)

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report