Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Evaluation - Revit Architecture 2011 / 2012 / 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Zennheiser
436 Views, 5 Replies

Performance Evaluation - Revit Architecture 2011 / 2012 / 2013

Hello people!

I am trying to evaluate performance of different versions of Revit Architecture using one [sample] that comes with it. I think this thread can help many people to realize how performance is on different setups.

(The [sample] is located at Program Files/Autodesk/Revit Architecture 20xx/Program/Samples/rac_advanced_sample_project)

The test is very simple. Just open the [sample] and try to rotate and zoom to see if it can run fast and smoothly.

My setup: Intel Core i7 3770K / 32GB RAM / nVIDIA Quadro 600.

In my tests with nVIDIA driver version 276.42 officialy supported by Revit I couldn't rotate the sample smoothly. Zooming is also very slow and I'm getting the same performance with Revit 2011, 2012 and 2013.

Would be nice if more people could try the same thing to find out what kind of hardware Revit likes.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
derrickmoore
in reply to: Zennheiser

276.42, really? That's from December 2011

Message 3 of 6
Zennheiser
in reply to: derrickmoore

That's the latest driver Revit 2013 officially supports. I tried newer drivers but with the same results.
Message 4 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: Zennheiser

that graphics card may not be enough

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
derrickmoore
in reply to: DarrenP

That card is pretty bad especially for the money but it shouldn't have a problem spinning the sample files. (The cpu does the work except for special things like textures and shadows.) Do you Hardware Acceleration turned on?

Message 6 of 6
Zennheiser
in reply to: derrickmoore

Yes, hardware acceleration is turned on. Can anyone try what I did?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report