Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perforated metal panel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
distroe
8830 Views, 2 Replies

Perforated metal panel

Hello, i am looking for making a perforated metal panel. I know how to do it in renderer, however i want the holes to appear in the elevations and in the perspective drawings as well, so as to be visible in the construction drawings. Any help will be appreciated. Best regards, Dan
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
P.Vlaar
in reply to: distroe

I should make a custom fill pattern. This makes your model not to heavy and if you assign it as an model fill pattern then its visible in 3D views and elevations too.

Message 3 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: distroe

Than you would have to resort to families. Depending on how your panels have to behave you could take several approaches.

1-Create one or several standard size panels. Make an extrusion with holes in the extrusion.

2-Create a more flexible panel. Use voids to create the (parametrized) holes.

3-Create a face based void family wihich you place on solid panels in the project.

Note that voids ususally are not good for the performance of Revit. Many holes means extra lines to the model which, when used in large quantities will also harm performance of Revit. So try to keep it as simple as possible.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report