Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAT file import: scale and more...

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
gsucci
1011 Views, 0 Replies

PAT file import: scale and more...

A stone manufacturer has PAt file for download. Great.

They are meant for CAD, most liklely, so I open each one and add the Type=model line, as I have done many time in the past.

The issue I am having is that each PAT file needs a different import Revit scale, and the little preview in the import PAT dialog box is really not too useful. As a matter of fact, sometimes entering 10 scale value displays a bigger hatch pattern that 11... for example.

Also, sometimes entering values over 10 or 15 produces an error "pattern to large, try to reduce the interval between lines". If I understand the error produced by "dense" patterns scale, why does Revit produce an error for large scale pattern? Using the largest scale it allows me, the stone pattern still loos to small on the walls!

These hatches are pretty complex (stones patterns) and I think that there is something throwing Revit off balance.

Has anybody tried to "clean" complex CAD PAT files so to import them into Revit?

Should I try importing the PAT file to Excel and rounding the values to 1/10 instead of 1/100, for example?

Geez, you would think that after, I don't know, 20 years of CAD hatches we would have the technology down... 🙂

Thank you 

regards

gio

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report