Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass yes/no parameter from family to tag to effect visibility in tag.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wesley4758
631 Views, 1 Reply

Pass yes/no parameter from family to tag to effect visibility in tag.

Is there a way to pass a yes/no parameter from a family to the tag that's tagging it in a way that will effect the visibility of an object in the tag. 

Basically I have a custom family (these a wall mounted signs, speciality equipment). Some of of them require power some don't, this is set through a yes/no parameter in the family.  When it comes time to tag them, I want the tag to intelligently toggle the visibility of an object in the tag based on power parameter in the family it's tagging. 

The desired effect toggles the visibility of some graphics lines.  The intent is not to report the parameter to a label in the tag. 

Any ideas would be much much appreciated. 

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maciejwypych
in reply to: wesley4758

Can't really have any shared parameters in an annotation family, so as far as I know you won't be able to do it.
How about having a ACII character instead of a line? This will allow you to control it's value by the yes/no parameter in the family and achieve similar effect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report