Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts Parameters from Original

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ecleveland
412 Views, 2 Replies

Parts Parameters from Original

I'm trying to separate a model using parts to create a detailed 4d schedule in Navisworks.  This will allow me to easily show the different elements as they finish (CMU, Brick, Drywall, etc.).  The old workflow was for me to create custom parameters (building, elevation, level, etc) for different parts of the Revit model, and then use those for search sets with Navisworks.  My hope was that I could simply add a new search criteria of the part's material to filter.  However, now the original item's custom parameters don't transfer to the parts.  Is there a way to "push" custom parameters from an original item to its parts?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ccollins
in reply to: ecleveland

Possibly use a "reporting parameter"?? Or click the radio button and use an "associated parameter"??

Just a guess.......haven't tried the Parts to NW thing............

Sounds like a very cool idea, though.

Let us know if you get it working.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3
ecleveland
in reply to: ccollins

ccollins,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I didn't know much about reporting parameters, so i started doing some research after I saw your post.  From the best i can tell it appears that reporting parameters must be tied to dimensional infomration only, which wouldn't help in my case.  Let me know if you think I'm missing something though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report