Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partitioning hard drive for Mac Bootcamp

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
k-revit
3730 Views, 3 Replies

Partitioning hard drive for Mac Bootcamp

Hi,

I have a new mac and am in the process of partitioning the hard drive to run windows for revit. My q is for those with  macs how much space did you put aside for the windows partition to run revit, 3ds max and my old copy of cad?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: k-revit

I would recommend at a minimum to partition 50 GB for the OS and then subsequently 15 GB for each installed application.  As a general rule it is better to side aside more from the beginning as you may continually install applications over time and it will be good to have the space.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
k-revit
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thankyou for your reply, I have now installed windows and ended up putting aside 60gb just incase and I will try Cad on Mac for a while and see if it works without too many issues.

Message 4 of 4
tyler11
in reply to: k-revit

You can partition your hard drive of Mac OS using Disk utility. To use disk utility, insert Mac installation disk and restart the system pressing C key. Now follow the instruction and make partition mac by specifying size as you need. Then exit disk utility and then restart your system and boot from Hard drive. You will find new mac partition.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report