Revit Architecture

k-revit
Message 1 of 4 (1,490 Views)
Accepted Solution

Partitioning hard drive for Mac Bootcamp

1490 Views, 3 Replies
04-25-2011 02:05 PM

Hi,

I have a new mac and am in the process of partitioning the hard drive to run windows for revit. My q is for those with  macs how much space did you put aside for the windows partition to run revit, 3ds max and my old copy of cad?

I would recommend at a minimum to partition 50 GB for the OS and then subsequently 15 GB for each installed application.  As a general rule it is better to side aside more from the beginning as you may continually install applications over time and it will be good to have the space.

Thank you,

Employee
ryan.duell
Message 2 of 4 (1,458 Views)

Re: Partitioning hard drive for Mac Bootcamp

04-29-2011 05:36 AM in reply to: k-revit

I would recommend at a minimum to partition 50 GB for the OS and then subsequently 15 GB for each installed application.  As a general rule it is better to side aside more from the beginning as you may continually install applications over time and it will be good to have the space.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Autodesk, Inc.

Revit Clinic
@revitclinic

k-revit
Message 3 of 4 (1,446 Views)

04-29-2011 04:52 PM in reply to: ryan.duell

Thankyou for your reply, I have now installed windows and ended up putting aside 60gb just incase and I will try Cad on Mac for a while and see if it works without too many issues.

tyler11
Message 4 of 4 (1,425 Views)

05-02-2011 03:18 AM in reply to: k-revit

You can partition your hard drive of Mac OS using Disk utility. To use disk utility, insert Mac installation disk and restart the system pressing C key. Now follow the instruction and make partition mac by specifying size as you need. Then exit disk utility and then restart your system and boot from Hard drive. You will find new mac partition.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.