Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part of the building Section symbol can be turned at an angle?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
octavio2
672 Views, 4 Replies

Part of the building Section symbol can be turned at an angle?

Regarding a building footprint that is long from south to north and then about 2/3s (two thirds) of the length the footprints turns 45 degrees to the left (making this angle the 135 degree angle of AutoCAD), then I want to create a long Building Section parallel to the building footprint with the bottom 2/3 of the section from south to north and then the last 1/3 of that building section turned 45 degrees to agree with the 1/3 angle of that part of the building.

Is this possible in Revit?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I use for doing this SCOPE BOX function

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 5

steps in order to acheive my workaround:

• create for the begining  two Scope Boxes : A and B as in attached file.
  • draw a Reference Plane  as seam 
  •  draw the two Section Lines at the wanted angle.The intersection of the two section lines to be on the Reference Plane .
  • strech the border of the two Scope Box so to be over the intersection between the seam Reference plane and the section lines ( as in the attached)
  • now we have two sections that meet on the intesection borders of the scope boxes...Section A and Section B
  • make a new sheet in which put together the two sections and align them
  •  in sections Views , Visibility/ Graphic Overrides > Annotation Categories > uncheck Section Boxes so to hide the borders  and in Properties > uncheck Crop Region Visible in order to hide the crop border
  • now in sheet will show the section changed at an angle.....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 4 of 5
octavio2
in reply to: octavio2

Thanks for your suggestion, Constantin. 

I am still working with the two views and they are already satisfactorily put together, and I am cleaning what I want to see on each of the views and making the section good. 

Your advice worked.

The only little problem that I have now is that as I activate each view for the cleanings and hidings, etc, I keep moving the views, desaligning them or making them bigger, etc.  I turned off the crop region, and I think that might help, but let me ask, once that you determine that the views are aligned and once you like the way they are, is there is way to "lock" them in place so they would not move or desalign?

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
octavio2
in reply to: octavio2

I already figured that the way to lock the vieport is by loking it with the pin. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report