Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARALEL OR NOT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
darius9
153 Views, 3 Replies

PARALEL OR NOT

Hi all,

i'm starting new project. The building won't be parallel to south, east, etc elevations. So what is better: to turn toposurface in AutoCAD or try to work with diagonal plans?

thanks
Darius
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: darius9

I always turn the topo in Acad
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Revit also gives you the ability to set the orientation of each view to plan north or to true north. For example the project I am currently working on is 30 degrees off of true north. In some of the views (overall site plans, etc.) we have set the orientation to true north to show how the building will be oriented on the site.

Most of the rest of our views are set to plan north which means that the top of the screen is set to North and the left to west, etc.

To set the orientation of a view, open the view and go to the "view" menu and select "view properties", open the view and type "vp" on the keyboard, or open the view and right click inside the view and select "properties" from the drop down menu. Once in the view properties dialogue box, select the appropriate orientation - plan north or true north.

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of Revit in front of me so I will have to work off of memory to direct you to set the true north orientation. Toward the bottom of the "tools" menu there is a submenu where you can select "set project (or true) north". This command works a lot like the rotate command. Pick a point and rotate, or set the rotation in the status bar at the top of the screen.

Typing orientation into the help file will also get you detailed instructions on how to change the orientation of true north.

Cameron Piper
BWBR Architects
St Paul, MN Message was edited by: CPiper
Message 4 of 4
sbrown

In Revit you allways draw your building how you want it on a sheet. Then link the autocad civil drawing in and rotate it and move it to your buildings location. Then use tools/shared coordinates/aquire and select the dwg. Now your Revit model will export to the same coordinates as your site and you can switch your view properties to true north and see your building properly sited.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report