Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
169 Views, 5 Replies

Pads

Is it possible to hide a pad, or can a pad be used as a floor slab?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Either one is possible... "HIX" wrote in message news:4095f147_2@newsprd01... > Is it possible to hide a pad, or can a pad be used as a floor slab? > > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I understand the principle of the pad, but I don't want to see it on section for example. How would I hide the pad, and is it common to hide it or am I missing the point here? Thanks for the input. "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:4096442f$1_3@newsprd01... > Either one is possible... > > "HIX" wrote in message news:4095f147_2@newsprd01... > > Is it possible to hide a pad, or can a pad be used as a floor slab? > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

As with all Revit object, visibility can be controlled with the Visibility/Graphics panel. Just turn it off there like any other object... "HIX" wrote in message news:40965bcc_2@newsprd01... > I understand the principle of the pad, but I don't want to see it on section > for example. > How would I hide the pad, and is it common to hide it or am I missing the > point here? > > Thanks for the input. > > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:4096442f$1_3@newsprd01... > > Either one is possible... > > > > "HIX" wrote in message news:4095f147_2@newsprd01... > > > Is it possible to hide a pad, or can a pad be used as a floor slab? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 6
JeffreyMcGrew

don't use your pads as a floor slab. Otherwise the topo doesn't get cut right. Put the pad under your foundation if you can.

You can also have your pad be thin and made of earth. Sometime pads in real life are nothing more than stamped earth a floorslab is poored over. This might give you more of what you're looking for.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks. It does make a little more sense now. John "JeffreyMcGrew" wrote in message news:11463741.1083694003160.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > don't use your pads as a floor slab. Otherwise the topo doesn't get cut right. Put the pad under your foundation if you can. > > You can also have your pad be thin and made of earth. Sometime pads in real life are nothing more than stamped earth a floorslab is poored over. This might give you more of what you're looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report