Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pads thru foundation wall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bmwm3owner
1225 Views, 2 Replies

Pads thru foundation wall

Hello.
I have a question. I find pads to be quite annoying and it appears that others are there with me. I have a house that has a few different levels to it, but all of the foundation wall footings are at the same level. This house has a lot of structural fill beneath the slabs as well. My intent is to use pads to push down the topography and then at the same time, fill beneath the slabs with gravel. The issue that I am running into are the foundation walls. When I have a pad go thru the foundation wall, I really cannot see them in section. When I print the section with the pad and the foundation wall, all I see is the outline of the foundation wall and not the concrete fill pattern. What do I do from here? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: bmwm3owner

I learned that using pads has some inconviences, but also understand what pads specific purpose is intended. Pads are for cutting the toposurface (although the reverse will pull the toposurface up). The cutting of the toposurface is a pad's main function, not substitution of a floor slab or fill.

What I do is create a pad for each level or space using a unique pad name for scheduling if necessary and for fill cut volumes. But in every instance I make the pad hidden in view, since it continues to cut the toposurface whether visible or hidden in the view. In prior releases a pad to efectively cut the toposurface and not show toposurface planes on foundation walls you must extend the pad into the foundation walls, otherwise both the foundation wall and toposruface hatch patterns try to display in the view on the foundation wall surface plane.

To show a fill layer under my slab, I use the Region Fill tool in any section or callout viewto show the area under or around the foundation and slab components.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling the Future/Drafting the Past
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: bmwm3owner

Use the Element Hide function to turn off specific pads in the views where you don't want them to show.

DW

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report