Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override the graphics of a Door Legend Component

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cbcarch
1522 Views, 1 Reply

Override the graphics of a Door Legend Component

We are trying to override the graphics of a Door Legend Component, in Plan View--for a Demo Legend.

When selecting the Legend Component, right-clicking and Override Graphics in View, Projection Lines, Demolished 1/16"--it only changes the door swing, not the rest of the door elements.

I'm assuming this is because in the door family, the swing is a symbolic line, but the frame and panel are extrusions?

( I know about the "temp phase" solution, placing doors in this phase, setting up views, demo them, etc.--which has worked in the past,
but this does not meet our company Revit standards as "fake phases" are not allowed.)

Is there a way to get the entire Legend Component to be overridden?

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
enslinj
in reply to: cbcarch

Hi there,

I did a quick exercise & see what you mean. Revit seems to treat the 2D geometry different to the 3D.

No matter what clever tricks I try with the 3D part of the family it doesn’t update accordingly.

The solution I found isn’t idea, but it's definitely easier to manage than messing around with phase filters etc.

Draw symbolic lines over the 3D frame & constrain to extrusions or sweep profile.
You can also make a nested detail family & add parameters of 3D frame if required & lock it.

This will ensure total flexibility & ensure your 2D & 3D will always correspond.

You will notice when reloading family it will update & display the way you want it to.

Interesting note, placed & overridden legend components won’t automatically update when reloading, but if you reselect the legend component from the drop-down list you will notice the graphics update.

It a weird one. 🙂

Hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report