Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oval Wall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chunky2k
5717 Views, 2 Replies

Oval Wall

Dear all

am trying to draw an oval-shaped-wall

you can check the attachment

the Pick like order is not picking the line

using the Arc (any type) is not working

is there a way to do it ?

reagrds

Variable Integrated Package L.L.C
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

from Massing and Site >In Place Mass> Create >choose Elipse >draw an elipse > Modify/Place Lines >Create Form -an extruded object with elipse base will create -Finish Mass

Then : Architecture>Wall> Wall by Face-select the vertical faces of the extruded mass....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

constantin.stroescu wrote:

from Massing and Site >In Place Mass> Create >choose Elipse >draw an elipse > Modify/Place Lines >Create Form -an extruded object with elipse base will create -Finish Mass

Then : Architecture>Wall> Wall by Face-select the vertical faces of the extruded mass....

This will give you a "true ellipse" and walls can be applied to the face, but it may be difficult to dimension or layout in the field.

I have had to create one "elipitical" room in my work as an Architect and I did it using a "constructed ellipse".  One method to construct and appromixate ellipse can be found here.

http://lumberjocks.com/projects/37524

You could construct the elliptical room like this with lines and then use the "pick line" method of wall placement to place the walls at the lines.  This method will give you 4 arc segments which can be dimensioned with a center point and raduis so the walls can be laid out in the field.

Either approach will probably work.  You might have to try both and see which one will work best in your situation.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report