Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlets not showing in callout

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
sburca
2847 Views, 12 Replies

Outlets not showing in callout

Anybody run into this problem [Revit 2014, Build 20140709_2115(x64) Update Release 3]:

1/4" floor plan shows data, phone, and electrical outlets just fine. If I do a callout, I can see everything well, just not the outlet symbology. If I create an outlet in the blow-up plan, I don't get any errors, but it only shows it in parent view. I can see the boxes in the callout, just not the symbols. Any ideas what could be causing this and how to resolve?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
CoreyDaun
in reply to: sburca

Check the Callout's Detail Level; in the OOTB outlet Family, the symbol becomes hidden and the geometry becomes visible under Detail Level: Fine.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 13
sburca
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks. I've checked the family, and the symbol is set to show under Coarse and Medium (off in Fine). In the callout I had already tried all Detal Levels, tried matching the scale of the parent view, tried wireframe.... Still nothing.

Message 4 of 13
CoreyDaun

If you are seeing the outlets' geometry (or Symbolic Lines, as per the OOTB Family), open the Family and see what Detail Level they display in. I opened the Ref. Level Plan and the Symbolic Lines are set to only show on Detail Level: Fine. If this is the case for you, then the Detail Level is likely the issue; I suspect that somehow, the specific Category(ies) is/are being set the Detail Level: Fine under Visibility/Graphics Overrides.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 13
sburca
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This view does not have any View Template overrides, the Detail Level settings in VG are set to By View for all with no further modifications. What I'm seeing is the 3d wall box, but not the 2d symbology.

The only other thing that seems unusual to me is that if I do try to set a View Template, my only options are "... Elevation" and "... Section" even though this is plan. Could it be that Revit is interpreting this plan callout as a section? I have deleted and recreated it multiple times all with the same result.

Message 6 of 13
sburca

Let me rephrase: my DEFAULT options are for elevations and sections.

Message 7 of 13
chrisplyler

Right.

You've got the power to MAKE a new view template. Go to the view that has the outlet symbols shown the way you want them, go to the View menu and make a template. Now go to your callout view where they aren't showing and apply that template to it.

Be warned that every setting will be transferred, unless you first modify that template not to include the stuff you don't want to change, such as scale for example.

Message 8 of 13
sburca
in reply to: chrisplyler

Great idea - I remember fixing some other problems this way. Unfortunately this didn't work either. I created a view template from the current parent view, and applied it directly to the callout (all setting - nothing turned off), but still no go.

This might just be an issue for Autodesk tech support....

Message 9 of 13
chrisplyler

Then I'm stumped.

Message 10 of 13
SteveKStafford

My bet is that your callout is a Detail Callout, not a Floor Plan Callout?

I don't know why but then nested annotations in outlets don't show up in Detail Callout. You also can't create a room/space in the view either. It is intended as the last stop or end of the road with regard to drafting up a detail, we are NOT going to greater detail than THIS.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 11 of 13

What is a "Detail Callout" view? How is this created?

Message 12 of 13

View ribbon > Callout. There are usually two type in the stock templates; Floor plan and Detail. The same is true of sections and Callout that are created in section views.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 13 of 13
mdiazVLJ8T

Be sure to have checked "Generic annotations" in Visibility/Graphic - Annotation categories. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report