Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orthogonal drawings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
caleb-ferguson
846 Views, 7 Replies

orthogonal drawings

how to change a 3d revit drawing into 3 view (top, side and front) orthogonal drawings

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Right Click on the View Cube >Orient to View > Elevations (or Sections) choose the desired...

Image 001.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

thank you. how do I get the three views (front, side and top) onto one A3 title block with dimensions on it.

Message 4 of 8

These 3 views are 3d not 2d ....so,it is not advisable to use them instead of elevations and floor plans when placing dimensions.

These views allows rendering - the 2d do not.

Although I did not recomend to use these instead of a 2d, this can be done as a particular case of dimensioning a 3d axonometric view.

This method consists in seting the appropriate Work Plane - as can be seen in the following recording:

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/39f44c96-a20e-4d7a-b4e0-547147736857

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 8

If you really just want 3D views for each direction on a sheet, duplicate the 3D view, rename and reorient each as desired. Drag each view onto a sheet. Dimensions can be added as long as the view's are assigned to parallel workplanes (as the previous reply mentions). Far better to use Elevation views for documentation since those are already assumed (by Revit) to require dimensions and other annotation.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 6 of 8

thank you, thats helpfull.

another question is when i print the title block with the three views the scale doesn't match up with what the drawings are drawn in. for example a wall length measured on the print out is 250mm and converted with a scale of 1:100 therefore equaling  25000mm (25m), however the measurement entered on the program is actually meant to be 30m. can you help with this, hopfull it's understand this.

Message 7 of 8

Could you not just use your elevation views and plan views from your project browser? Or am i reading the question wrong?

If you have modeled it correctly the sizes should be correct regardelss what scale is used (unless you are also scalling the PRINT size in the print settings? A1 inside REVIT scaled to A2 paper)

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 8 of 8

no you haven't read the question wrong, however please regard this as now closed as i have found the solution. the printing setting was on 'fit to page' therefore reducing the size of the drawing making it out of scale. thanks for you time

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report