Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origin changes when saving group to RVT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
elina.hyvamaki
424 Views, 4 Replies

Origin changes when saving group to RVT

I encountered the following problem: I had modified the group origin to be where the project base point is, but when I saved the group as a separate rvt file, and opened the rvt file, the project base point wasn't the same as the group origin or the project base point of the original file. I've been trying to section the building to IFC this way, and it would be really important that the origin stays the same.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pmueller
in reply to: elina.hyvamaki

Did you manipulate the origin from an existing group or did you create a new one ?

Message 3 of 5
elina.hyvamaki
in reply to: pmueller

From an existing group, because I don't know any way to control the origin when creating the group. By the way, I didn't have that problem later, when I tested the same group, but I have no idea what caused the change of project base point earlier...

Message 4 of 5
pmueller
in reply to: elina.hyvamaki

Hi there, i tried a little around and as it seems that groups are quite unhandy, you could try to copy the content in a seperate Revit file and define there the basepoint and then link it into your project. I hope that helps

all the best phil

Message 5 of 5
elina.hyvamaki
in reply to: pmueller

I've considered using links, but at this stage of the project it will cause some difficulty to divide the project into separate RVT files (because of modified linework in views etc.). It's best, if we can keep working with one model. I'm not going to save the groups into separate RVT files either. But I will use groups to section the building to IFC, until there's a better way to do this (through worksets maybe).

Thanks for your answers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report