Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organic Forms

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Fisnik
275 Views, 1 Reply

Organic Forms

I am very interested to switch from AutoCAD to Revit,
but I have one question:
I saw hybrid tools in Mechanical Desktop (combination of surface and solids), does Revit has same tools, if not, will they be included.
thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Fisnik

I don't know enough about MDT to say if the tools are simluar, but if you're concerned about being able to model rather organic buildings in Revit I can say that it's very capable at that task. The only thing I can think of that it's not good at doing is complex tensile fabric structures- there's no easy way to do those. But you can make some very complex shapes pretty easily. You should download it and check it out, and look on some of the posts on Augi about complex forms, the JuniperSea Project, Ronchamp, and the Freedom Tower to get an idea of what Revit can pretty easily do in regards to complex models. Also, if you really need to do a Fabric Structure and are finding it too hard to do in Revit you can alway still do it in AutoCAD and then import it... Jeffrey Fisnik wrote: > I am very interested to switch from AutoCAD to Revit, > but I have one question: > I saw hybrid tools in Mechanical Desktop (combination of surface and solids), does Revit has same tools, if not, will they be included. > thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report