Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options Bar Jumping Around

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1042 Views, 3 Replies

Options Bar Jumping Around

Good morning,

My options bar has started jumping around in 2011.  It did this in 2010 and somehow we got it to stop.  I have read thru the archives about others having the same problems and the possible solutions.  Those being to redock the properties palette and the project browser back to the main monitor and then move them back to my second monitor.  Didn't work.  Another option was to uncheck the press and drag option at the bottom right corner of the screen.  Nope.  Tried shutting down Revit and getting back in.  Nope.

The only thing that fixed this problem was to dock the options bar at the bottom of the screen.  That is not a good solution, at least not for me.

I have been using 2011 for about 3 months or so and have not had this problem.  This all started one day last week, but I cannot think of anything I did that was different from the past few months.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wiley

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for the initial information.  The Revit development team is aware of this issue and working towards a permanent resolution; some of these items were documented in the technical solution below:
Was this the previous technical solution you referenced as well?

Thank you for the initial information.  The Revit development team is aware of this issue and working towards a permanent resolution; some of these items were documented in the technical solution below:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14997251

Was this the previous technical solution you referenced as well?

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.duell

I had not seen that bulletin before.  After reading it I have now switched Revit to my main monitor.  So far so good.

Thanks

Wiley

Message 4 of 4
jraesly
in reply to: ryan.duell

Is there a true fix for this from happening now?  I have one station (Revit 2012) that started showing two option bars at the top.  It is on the primary screen.  Press and Drag did nothing.  The only thing that works is moving it to the bottom.  Not an ideal location for it.  We think this started after linking in a MEP Revit Model.  Graphics card driver is current.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report