Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening revit 2012 file on 2014.....HAELP!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eng_naf
1826 Views, 1 Reply

Opening revit 2012 file on 2014.....HAELP!!!!!

Big Big problem and need help ASAP!!!!....my laptop has been stolen and I had to buy a new PC...The new one is a windows 8, therfore, I had to install revit 2014....the problem is that I have been working on a graduate class project using revit 2012, and now revit 2014 will not open the files I built on revit 2012...I have only 10 days to rebuild what I have been working on for 3 months!!!...is there any way to open a revit 2012 on 2014 or at least convert it to work on 2014..I am really frustrated...can anyone help me on this topic???

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: eng_naf

Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Opening the 2012 file with Revit 2014 should automatically upgrade it to the new format. Is it giving you some kind of error message?

**Note that once a Project of Family file is upgraded, it cannot be saved back to a previous format. So if you're final Project is required to be completed in 2012 format, do not upgrade it!**

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report