Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open RVT files with 3rd party software

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Bording.Lars
8277 Views, 1 Reply

Open RVT files with 3rd party software

I woul like to open my *.rvt files from Revit 2013, or export them to another file format. How do I do this ?

NB.

I have an old machine that cannot run Revit Architecture 2013, but only manage to use Revit Architecture 2012.

I did manage to download and install Revit Architecture 2013, but I will not open in any way, I barely managed to install it. So using Revit Architecture 2013 is a no go and I dont believe Revit Architecture 2014 or 2015 installations will work either.

But shouldn´t there be a plug-in for Sketchup, Archicad, Rhinocerous, Bentley software, Autocad Architecture, Maya or 3D Studio max, that makes things work.

I have looked and looked for a Revit model Viewer without luck, which should be a minimum for open BIM coorperation, which I thought was the initial idea of Revit??

I tried using Autodesk 360 upload but it only works with AutoCAD -files, even Autocad Architecture files did go..  And AutoCAD formats have dozens of free viewers...

So how do I look at my old Revit files or force an older version of revit to open them or print them out on paper? Where is the viewer or plug-in please read all and come with some constructive help. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: Bording.Lars

there is no saving down in revit

there are many threads on this already

autodesk has other software that can open up .rvt files

like Navisworks or 3ds Max

to make changes to the file you need Revit to edit them

you can however export to other file formats from Revit

like .fbx or .dwg depending on the product you plan to open the file in

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report