Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Revit file in Inventor 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
markus.sjostrom
1277 Views, 5 Replies

Open Revit file in Inventor 2014

I am trying to open a Revit project (created in Revit 2013) in Inventor 2014.

But when the Insert View window appears there are no 3D Views to import.

Do I need to configure the 3D views in Revit in any particular way to be able to open them in Inventor?

/Markus

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mkau
in reply to: markus.sjostrom

I am having the same issue, does anyone have an answer for this?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
MD-104
in reply to: markus.sjostrom

I am having a similar issue. I'm not sure the version of the revit file but the window for choosing sinlge component or multi body opens (i have tried selecting both) click ok then nothing.

Message 4 of 6
MD-104
in reply to: MD-104

I just found out that the revit file is version 2015. I am assuming Inventor 2014 will not open a Revit 2015 file. Work around time. Yay! 

Message 5 of 6
Jef_E
in reply to: MD-104

@MD-104 wrote:

I just found out that the revit file is version 2015. I am assuming Inventor 2014 will not open a Revit 2015 file. Work around time. Yay! 

@MD-104 What work around is there? I have the exact same problem..

Please kudo if this post was helpfull
Please accept as solution if your problem was solved

Inventor 2014 SP2
Message 6 of 6
MD-104
in reply to: Jef_E

We have a "test" computer here that we try and keep the latest version installed for this kind of problem. I believe I opened with the correct version and saved to a step or adsk format file and was able to open it with the older version. Otherwise I think you will have to get the party that you got the file from to export to one of the above mentioned formats (or other 3d formats).

If you do this keep in mind that there may be issues with licensing due to the Autodesk policy of not allowing an old version to be installed once a new one has been installed. (this should only be an issue if you are installing an old version on a new machine or a similar issue)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report