Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open deck-type stairs Re-model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Seduire
953 Views, 2 Replies

Open deck-type stairs Re-model

Greetings. I have a problem with the stairs in the new house I and my husband recently bought - they are too rough and I doubt the upper railing meets code. 

They seem to be a custom, hand-made job by a handyman and not a professional, which is made clear by the upper landing on the second floor - the posts were not even or measured out so at one end two are squeezed together. The stairs also give off a feeling of being raw & more "porch-like." I would like to remodel them but would like to re-use much of the wood as it is good wood and the stairs are entirely open. I know this is not recommended, howeer I would put most of it back where it was - with re-inforcements and replace the bannisters with something a little less raw to give it a more finished appearance. The stairs go up about 6.5" before reaching a fairly large rectangular landing and then go on a little less at about 6". they also go down from the first floor to another landing and then wrap around to the basement. 

Also, I would like to keep the open feel to them (there are no backs and are not against a wall) but add a backing to each riser so that when I have children I can trust they won't trip or fall on them. I also have a cat that lost a leg whom seems to be having much more trouble on these stairs then my previous abode that had traditional carpeted stairs. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I believe  your post is not in the right place...but I have to confess that your letter  produced me a real delight...it is exactly how someone has to require  an architect to do his work.

Thank you!

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Seduire
in reply to: Seduire

Well, I am not sure if I have the right "place" or not, I saw other topics regarding stairs, though none that addressed my issues. I have access to pictures now and so thought of attaching them for viewing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report