Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older versions of Revit no longer working

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
thaner9
381 Views, 2 Replies

Older versions of Revit no longer working

I am currently using Revit 2014 and have no problems. However, I am working with a consultant on a project and he is still on Revit Architecture 2012. I haven't purged it from my computer so I started working on this project and I'm running into all sorts of corruption with the software. For instance, I modeled a roof by footprint and after I accepted the layout, I can't edit the shape. The button in the ribbon is just gone. I also noticed there aren't any tools (buttons) to allow me to attach (or detach) walls to the roof. I've noticed a few other issues similar to this and was wondering if somehow going through the different upgrades (first 2013 and now 2014) have corrupted background files that are associated with how the software functions.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've attached some screen shots to show what I'm talking about.

Thank you,

Logan

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I have the same problem...I believe it is a patch for this on Autodesk site for this....

Anyway , as I don't use 2012 to much ...I prefer to solve it in an old fashion mood...cycling on the small arrow from the ribbon contextual tab....cycling - activates the menu...

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

I'll have to give that a try!

I don't like working in 2012 either as 2014 seems so much better. I had installed all the updates back in 2011 when I was using 2012, but just came across the .Net 4.5 Ribbon hotfix. That seems to have fixed my problems. My temporary dimensions are still orange (instead of blue) as I've read others have had this problem, but apparently turning off hardware acceleration takes care of this, if it's that big of a deal!

Thanks for the tip on the menu though...I'm sure I'll run into this somewhere down the road!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report