Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC Units Changed?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
168 Views, 1 Reply

ODBC Units Changed?

In ODBC exports previously our unit measures came out in Feet (at least for Imperial based projects). Now all my exports come out in Meters. Is this true across the board now? Did this change intentionally? Is this a permanent change? Is there a new setting I am missing? I didn't see any documentation about this change, but maybe I am not looking in the right place.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In the past, ODBC exported in either Metric or Imperial depending on the project units setting. The actual units exported were not neccessarily those of the project. A single unit was either 1 foot (decimal feet not feet/inches) or 1 meter reagardless of whether the project's base unit was set to cm, mm, etc. This variability in export made it difficult for users and 3rd parties to develop applications based on the export without writing different versions for each units system. In 7.0, we switched to metric only to provide consistent, nomalized output. Most database apps contain robust units conversion functions. These can be used to construct reports. We decided that although this would create some pain for users now, it would have to be done in the end and be much easier to do now before many actual applications are developed. "Robert Plummer" wrote in message news:41a39e83_2@newsprd01... > In ODBC exports previously our unit measures came out in Feet (at least for > Imperial based projects). Now all my exports come out in Meters. Is this > true across the board now? Did this change intentionally? Is this a > permanent change? Is there a new setting I am missing? I didn't see any > documentation about this change, but maybe I am not looking in the right > place. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report