Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object at Roof Ridge

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jbonet
361 Views, 1 Reply

Object at Roof Ridge

I have created a family of a church steeple that has a parametric base....the "notch" cut out of the base can be adjusted to match the pitch of the roof. I would like to be able to anchor or lock the family to the ridge of a roof so that if the roof pitch is adjusted (and thus the ridge moves up or down), the steeple would move with it. When I attempted to create the steeple as a roof-based family, it would only let me insert it on one side of the roof, not at the ridge. This obviously forced the steeple to insert at whatever angle the roof pitch was. Is there a way to do what I'm describing? At this point, I just have to keep raising the steeple up and down as the roof pitch changes. What would be even greater is if I could not only have the steeple adjust as the ridge height adjusts, but also have the pitch of the "notch" at the base automatically adjust as the roof pitch adjusts. I may be asking for the impossible here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jodi
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jbonet
in reply to: jbonet

I have figured out the "always vertical" check box under Family Category and Parameters in the steeple family will allow me to insert it at the ridge . So one problem down, one to go. I am unable to associate the pitch parameter of the family to the pitch parameter of the roof. Is there a way that this can be done?

Thanks,
Jodi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report