Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version, 285.62 Stopped

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
njsmith616
3793 Views, 7 Replies

NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version, 285.62 Stopped

I have a 15" macbook pro (mid 2009) and I am running bootcamp with windows 7 on it. Recently every time I open up Revit Architecture I get an error. The screen goes black and then it comes back to the Revit screen. A display error pops up and says "An error has occured while drwaing the contents of this window. This window shall be closed". Then at the same time a notification pops up at the bottom on the windows bar that says "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver NVIDIA Windows kernel mode driver, wersion, 285.62 stopped". 

Then after I click ok on the error message I get another message that says "A fetal error has occured. The applicatioin will be terminated. You have the opportunity to save recovery files for all of yoru changed proejcts."

I have reinstalled Revit Archtiecture and the problems still occurs. Please, any infomration will help. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: njsmith616

what version of revit?

try going to the big R>options>graphics>turn off hardware acceleration

if that doesn't work you may need to update the video driver or upgrading your video card

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
njsmith616
in reply to: DarrenP

That seemed to be the issue and its working fine now. Thanks for your time. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: njsmith616

Dear sir

turnning off hardware acceleration, will slow down your work on Revit.

I had this problem on my pc , having a Quadro VGA card and Xeon processor.

The problem seems to happen because a lack of power coming to VGA card , when using a Professional VGA , with Direct X 11 and 3D software (like Revit or even 3D games)

The solution I found in the internet , that you should update your VGA driver to latest version , and to change power options in windows system.

Control panel – power options . change option from balanced to maximum performance.

I did this , and I didn’t have any crash again.

Message 5 of 8
wynand
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

We're using 2014 Plant 3D Ultimate and Inventor Premium, and the same thing, is happening here in AutoCAD and Inventor. I’ve tried 4 different drivers, from Autodesk and Nvidia. Some of the earlier drivers caused the pc to restart as soon as I press the OK button when inserting the point cloud in Inventor. All SP's up to date. My PC is a HP Z820, 32Gig Ram, FX4000 video.Heart

All performance settings are set to optimum performance, the video card driver Power Management Mode was also changed from Use Global Setting to Prefer Maximum Performance.

The supplier has no issues with the files on Cyclone Cloudworks from where it is exported to .pts and .pcg files. Both versions created this error. We have received some files from them before and had no issues.

After allot of changing settings via Recap and Smiley Frustrated almost giving up we requested a new set of files.

These seem to work fine. So the error was never an Autodesk error, but that it did not export correctly from Cyclone......Smiley Mad unless they did something different on the export and did not want to tell us.

Hope you get sorted...

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: wynand

if something is causing your PC to restart it could be hardware related

have tried running various hardware tests on your computer

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
wynand
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi there, did that. The restart only happened in the Autocad Preferred driver. the current one, 3Dmax Preferred driver just causes a black screen and then recover with the kernel error and an Autodesk "We're Sorry for the inconvenience" window.

Please divert to http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Community-Feedback/Point-Cloud-causing-Nvidia-Kernel-crash/td...

Message 8 of 8
MKFreiert
in reply to: wynand

I never upgrade my graphics driver from an approved version if I can avoid it, and when I have to, I turn off hardware accelleration.  

There are way too many glytches that pop up using non approved drivers, seemingly for no good reason.  

The real fun is looking at which driver builds work across multiple versions and software.  Whenever i pick up a graphics card (or laptop) the first thing I look at is what cards are supported in the last 2 releases of Revit and ACAD. 

As a last resort, a virtual machine can be a real life saver if your graphics card just isn't going to play well with Autodesk. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report