Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

martin.mallon
Message 1 of 3 (1,470 Views)
Accepted Solution

nVidia Geforce Graphics cards for Revit Arch.

1470 Views, 2 Replies
10-17-2012 05:58 AM

I am about to purchase a new Dell Inspiropn 8GB memory 64bit laptop which comes with a 2 GB nVidia Geforce GT 650M 130W card.

I will be using Revit 2012 on this laptop and would like to know as this card does not appear on the Autodesk supported card listings (only nVidia Quadro cards there) will it be good enough to work on complex projects. Any advice appreciated.  

Autodesk only tests certain vedio cards. Just beacuse a card does not show up on 'their' list does not mean it will not work. In fact my laptop video card NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M works perfectly (I am running Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2013 with Revit 2013) -but is not on their list.

That list has created more problems then it is worth.

AS long as you have enough ram and Ghz you shouhld be fine.

LD

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 2 of 3 (1,430 Views)

Re: nVidia Geforce Graphics cards for Revit Arch.

10-19-2012 06:12 AM in reply to: martin.mallon

Autodesk only tests certain vedio cards. Just beacuse a card does not show up on 'their' list does not mean it will not work. In fact my laptop video card NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M works perfectly (I am running Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2013 with Revit 2013) -but is not on their list.

That list has created more problems then it is worth.

AS long as you have enough ram and Ghz you shouhld be fine.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
martin.mallon
Message 3 of 3 (1,403 Views)

Re: nVidia Geforce Graphics cards for Revit Arch.

10-20-2012 03:01 AM in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks Lisa.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.