Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
kwg06516
Message 1 of 2 (221 Views)
Accepted Solution

Now I can't move windows by temp dimension

221 Views, 1 Replies
12-04-2013 03:46 PM

Why would a window be movable by dragging but not movable by changing the temporary dimension?  It's not pinned.

It works fine for the walls, but no matter what I put in the dimension value it won't budge the window an inch.

Is it an error in my family or is there something wrong with the project?  I've been having a lot of problems with this one.  I feel like it's all the funny angles, but the window and the door are in the same freaking wall so why should that matter?

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD LT 2013

Revit Architecture LT 2013

From what I observed it seems to be a problem created by the wall intersection .....so , I streched one of the walls ( by Drag Wall End point ) and then , Trim/Extend to Corner or Extend Element to reconnect...now ,selecting the window and changing temporary dimensions will move it....

Image 363.png

Image 365.png

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 2 (186 Views)

Re: Now I can't move windows by temp dimension

12-05-2013 12:20 PM in reply to: kwg06516

From what I observed it seems to be a problem created by the wall intersection .....so , I streched one of the walls ( by Drag Wall End point ) and then , Trim/Extend to Corner or Extend Element to reconnect...now ,selecting the window and changing temporary dimensions will move it....

Image 363.png

Image 365.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.