Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I can't move windows by temp dimension

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kwg06516
1805 Views, 3 Replies

Now I can't move windows by temp dimension

Why would a window be movable by dragging but not movable by changing the temporary dimension?  It's not pinned.

It works fine for the walls, but no matter what I put in the dimension value it won't budge the window an inch.

Is it an error in my family or is there something wrong with the project?  I've been having a lot of problems with this one.  I feel like it's all the funny angles, but the window and the door are in the same freaking wall so why should that matter?

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD 2015

Revit 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

From what I observed it seems to be a problem created by the wall intersection .....so , I streched one of the walls ( by Drag Wall End point ) and then , Trim/Extend to Corner or Extend Element to reconnect...now ,selecting the window and changing temporary dimensions will move it....

Image 363.png

Image 365.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Base12
in reply to: kwg06516

This was never a problem before v2018 or so.  I believe the problem lies in the newer OOTB Revit windows as it only applies to the new ones that come with 2021.  If you have older families, try loading one into your project and see if it works.  My old versions, and custom ones I make myself work just fine, it's only the new ones that seem to have this problem.

Message 4 of 4
RDAOU
in reply to: Base12

@Base12 wrote:

This was never a problem before v2018 or so.  I believe the problem lies in the newer OOTB Revit windows as it only applies to the new ones that come with 2021.  If you have older families, try loading one into your project and see if it works.  My old versions, and custom ones I make myself work just fine, it's only the new ones that seem to have this problem.

@Base12 This post ... its from 2013 and it is not really related to the window family. Its just about certain conditions which need to be met for a certain operation to be possible.

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report