Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notched foundation wall line

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
freelancette
814 Views, 2 Replies

Notched foundation wall line

Hello,

I've been working with a notched foundation wall -- 6" part goes up higher than the 4" shelf part.  I made this as a regular fdn. wall with 2 structure layers and it works great.  In section, I just move the inner layer up or down as I need to with the arrow, and that has been good because the structure keeps changing and I have had to do a lot of revisions.  Problem is, now I'm doing the details and there is a line between the two layers that I would like to get rid of.  I tried making it invisible with the linework tool and that made it light gray, but not invisible.  I can work around it if need be, but am thinking I am missing something obvious.  Have scoured the Internet to no avail.

Has anyone dealt with this successfully?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jdiaz
in reply to: freelancette

You have to use a "Masking Region" in order to cover that line, so when you plot it out the line wont shows up. However, the line still there, you only will covert it with the Mask Region.

Try that out and let us know if it works for you.

Message 3 of 3
freelancette
in reply to: jdiaz

Hi jdiaz,

That was the "work around" I was thinking of..... Thanks for the suggestion.  I was really hoping there might be a trick that I missed, but I guess not.  It sure would be nice if they could figure out a way to make the linework tool work on that in a future release!

Best regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report