Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non - Shadow Render

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI
969 Views, 6 Replies

Non - Shadow Render

Hi
How you can have without a shadow (Non - Shadow)of Revit can render

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Render consists in presenting an object in light and shadows. Figure youself a white cylinder . If, no shadows it will be only a white flat rectangle - no 3d object....No shadows  = No rendering.

But you can use the so called non realistic representations ...Visual Styles>Consistent Colors is the best non shadow example, like in cartoons...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 7
loboarch
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

You could try rendering a time of day when the sun is not out (3am) and then whenthe render is complete change the exposure settings to turn up the ambient light levels.  This would give you a "render" without shadow.

no_shadow_render.png 

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: loboarch

Thank you for your response.
I look up and I needed a plan.
Although your picture, under the shadow of the building and inside the building is still there.
I want to render without shadows produced.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the answer
You are absolutely right.
But I think wind is a good software quality and precision and also close to the real world should also be flexible.

Message 6 of 7
loboarch
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

@arya2013 wrote:

Although your picture, under the shadow of the building and inside the building is still there.
I want to render without shadows produced.

Technically there is not any shadow in the image.  There is a lower ambient light level there so it appears darker, but there is no "shadow".  If you are looking for a view where light is applied equally to all surfaces you need to use the "consistant colors" visual style.  Of course this will not show material quality it will only show the selected shaded color.

Any time you "render" there is going to be lighter and darker areas of the image even if there are no "shadows" 

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 7 of 7

<<Any time you "render" there is going to be lighter and darker areas of the image even if there are no "shadows" >>

In fact there are two types of shadows:

• one is the shadow on the object itself and the other is the shadow that this object throws over the environment objects - surfaces.
  • That means that in case of the same surface type (the same material or color) if there is no shadow, the surfaces have to look the same , not one lighter or darker than the other one....at least this is the theory of classical hand drawing......
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report