Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Rectangular Crop Region Issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rkuffel
2926 Views, 6 Replies

Non-Rectangular Crop Region Issue?

We are trying to take advantage of non-rectangular crop regions and running into an issue. We are placing (2) views with non-rectangular crop regions on a sheet, one view shows existing geometry in a linked model and the other view shows new geometry in the model the sheet resides in. As a side note, we are doing this to create simplified diagrammatic phasing plans, the merits of which should be another topic. What seems to be happening, is the graphics within the rectangular boundary of the view, but outside of the crop region is masking the other view. The graphics appear correct in the print preview and on a print. Please see images for a clearer understanding. Any ideas, fixes or band-aids? I have tried turning off hardware acceleration and anti-aliasing with no change. Thank you.

Image01.jpg

Image02.jpg

Image03.jpg

Image04.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alan.quinn
in reply to: rkuffel

This is a known issue that development is aware of. It will most likely need a code fix to address. In the meantime if you can place the non rectangle view first then add all other views it may help.

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: alan.quinn

So is it still not possible to place drawings with overlapping blank areas on a sheet (such as below)? This is pretty basic stuff - I don't understand why Revit doesn't make basic drafting conventions possible.

Capture.png

Message 4 of 7
BIMologist_

We ran into the same issue

I know the post is very old , and since there was no solution marked , wanted to followup.

as Alan Quinn mentioned the non rect crop region needs to go first , OR AT THE BOTTOM.

Be aware that editing the crop boundary of a view to save space on a sheet may mask model information in views that fall within the area of the view were it allowed to conform to its normal rectangular shape. The reason I say “may” is it depends on the order in which views were added to the sheet.

The Annotation will not be effected but the model information will. The only way to remedy this is to “layer” the effected views on the sheet so that they are on top of the masking view. This can be done by deleting the views from the sheet and reinserting.

A faster way is to expand the Sheet View to show the views on the sheet. Click on the icon (not the name) and drag to the Sheet name above. Once the Sheet Name is highlighted Blue, release the mouse button. This will put the view back into a mode of being inserted onto the sheet and will “layer” it above the offending view. This technique can also be used to move a view to another sheet.

Please be aware of another issue

I also wanted to chime in regarding this issue. If you have a CUSTOM Crop boundary , there is a possibility of the PDF size being ENORMOUS. A typical PDF is about 1-2MB , this issue sometimes creates a 70-100+MB file.  If you notice a PDF sheet being extremely big, The typical reason is that you have a CUSTOM CROP view on the sheet. The fix is to reduce the resolution of the PDF driver to 200 dpi for those plots.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2014/ENU...

I set my PDF Creator to 200dpi and it worked fine

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

EESignature

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Message 5 of 7
dhoff13
in reply to: BIMologist_

Is there any known fix to this issue in the 2015 release? 

Message 6 of 7
rmarkowitz

Has there been any movement on this? This is still apparently an issue in 2018.3

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: rmarkowitz

No.

The more complicated the custom crop region is (lots of small segments, curves, ins and outs), the more vulnerable it is. Better keep it simple.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report