Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-printing items

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sitaramaiah
7530 Views, 7 Replies

Non-printing items

Hi...

Can u please tell me that how can we place the lines non-printing layers in revit 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
loboarch
in reply to: sitaramaiah

Revit does not have the concept of "non-Printing" items. You could create a duplicate view and place notes there and not place the view ona sheet. But there is no way to create and element and have it be visible and "non-Printing".

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 8
David_W_Koch

In a project, in general Revit does not do non-plotting lines.  For what purpose would you use the non-plotting linework?  There may be ways of approaching it that would give you equivalent functionality.

One thing I have done is create a special Line Style called "Layout" (line weight 1, line color RGB 208-160-255, line pattern solid) to be used for construction lines that are not meant to be plotted.  This Line Style is turned off in all views that are on sheets.  "Working" views are created where the Layout lines are left on.  The light purple color, meant to simulate the old non-printing pencil lines used with ink-on-mylar drafting, was used as an "alert" color that would stand out against the primarily black and white graphics of the views on a sheet, to make it easy to verify that they are not accidentally turned on in the views on the sheet.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 8
sitaramaiah
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks for the solution

I will try it in my project after that I will get back to you

once again for quickly feedback s
Message 5 of 8
steve

Once again Revit disappoints.

Message 6 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: steve

@steve wrote:

Once again Revit disappoints.

You're just finding out about this? Weren't you taught this in your training?

Sorry your feelings are hurt. You can tell Autodesk about it in Product Feedback.

Revit is what you see is what you get and wants us to utilize printing views for sheets and working views for the things you don't want to print.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 7 of 8

You could create a line style use line number 1 or 16 set the thickness to 0.001" change the color to whatever you want but before you print, change the color to white. This is my work around. I re-programed all the line weights to my company's cad line weight standards and converted the typical thickness from mm to inches. Revit will not allow a line weight thickness thinner than 0.001". 

Message 8 of 8
steve
in reply to: Matthew.ROGERS79W77

Thank you Matthew!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report