Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No walls! :(

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1577 Views, 2 Replies

No walls! :(

I'm a student user, and fairly new to Revit. I just installed Revit 2010 (Was using 2011 before) and i open a new project, and there are no wall types. (Usually when I click on change element type, it shows a lot of different types of walls, now there's only three- stacked wall 1, wall 1 and curtain wall 1) It might seem like a dumb question to ask, but where can I find the walls? Is it a family that i should load?  Or did something go wrong when I installed Revit?

Please Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AJA14
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. When you start revit, the template you start with will have types already inside. It seems you started from a blank template and so you have the system families but no types. Therefore, either open a new project from an existing template, or simply click on edit type, and create as many new types as you need.

Note: Notes are system families, and therefore cannot be created or deleted. All you can do is create new types by clicking on edit type, duplicate, new name, edit structure, change the layers of the wall, and then it becomes part of the project.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 3
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

A good template is indead the best choice...

If you have already begun a file and you realize that you need some more walls you can make a transfer from another file:

• Open a file (in the same version as yours...Revit 2010) in wich you have founded the wall types that suits for your purpose..
  • Your file is also open  in the active window, the other one in background
  • In your file go to: Manage > Transfer Project Standards > Select Items to Copy.
  • in Copy From appears the name of the file from which you want to get the wall types
  • and a list of entities...uncheck all and then check only Walls
  • the Wall types from the other file will be imported in your file
  • You can do the same with all the other type of entitities from the list

When you have only one type of wall you can use also Copy/Paste function

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report