Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No time to enter info in properties box

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SimonFalardo
381 Views, 4 Replies

No time to enter info in properties box

Hello,

When I'm changing a view title or any info, the box desactivate in a second, so I don't even have time to enter one letter. I have to clic 2 to 3 times and be quick to type something before it load. (I can enter 1 or 2 letter and it's loading it as a new name before I can write the whole word ...)

I have properties and project tree vertically stacked, and when I scroll down in properties, it scroll back up automatically, I can't reach the lower info without play with scroll to keep it down... 

It's becoming annoying because it's pretty a constant problem. 

Anyone had this problem ? I made a search but found nothing on that,

Thank you !

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: SimonFalardo

It's probably happening because you're moving the cursor off of the panel after you scroll or click in a box to change a parameter value.  Try leaving your curson on top of the palette until you're done editing the property or done scrolling.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 5
SimonFalardo
in reply to: rosskirby

Wow, simply as that !

You're right, the case is desactivating automatically when we move the cursor off the properties box.

It's like an automatic update, it's a good thing, when you know it !

Thank you !

Message 4 of 5
rosskirby

Glad I could help.  It can certainly be irritating at times.  It still gets me on occasion, and the Options bar behaves in the same way, so when entering values for offset or something when picking lines, I have to be careful to keep the cursor in the box until the value is entered.  Maybe they'll add functionality to allow/disallow that behavior in a future release, much the same way they did with double-click-to-edit controls.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 5
josh

I don't know if this is helpful to either of you, but I find it quicker and helpful to press the TAB button as I complete entering the value in my option. This enters it for me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report