Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No template on my Revit Architecture

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
lockmote
37571 Views, 34 Replies

No template on my Revit Architecture

hey guys . I just want to ask you . After I installed my Revit Architecture 2012 and I open it

It always say "Default Template File Invalid"
bla bla bla
like on this pict

error.png

Can you guys help me out ?
I'm browsing to my computer and I don't find any file that *.rte anywhere

Tags (1)
34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35
bodi110390
in reply to: bodi110390

Ok, seems like i have to spend a lot of time on this, i'll try your version , hope it works.

Thank you for your reply.

Message 22 of 35
moegerbyte

No problem, I really hope it works for your system. In any case let me know, please.

Message 23 of 35
gizem_eroz
in reply to: lockmote

hi im dealing with the same trouble, i serached what you refere but i only have family templates and recent in the file. Im confused and dont know what to do :s 

Message 24 of 35
moegerbyte
in reply to: gizem_eroz

Did you try my approach, or were you referring to the first page posts?

I have no feedback yet on how my "method" worked on other people's PCs.

Message 25 of 35

Hello ,ive spen 12+ hours trying to figure out what is being down loaded to where I can find it. When I turn on my new laptop it has me downloadin, asking over and over for codes,passwords ,I cantjust push a button that says ,hello fullerton college student. what would like to learn after downloading for 15 hours please help

Message 26 of 35

Spoke with my instructor about what has happened to me .I wanted just basic auot cad 2010. I am trying to complete my cad lanscape contracting class and we at fc use 2010 for my class. Many students have given up because files and teachers have no time and different paths to get,save files ive spent hours on;gone .With limited lab time to practice

Message 27 of 35
sujayk.124

guys i got it resolved however...wt i did is..
i opened a default templet of 2011 and cosed it with out saving.

next i again started revit and choose d default templet dt ll be present in recent files folder in d femily templets folder in rac2012...

it shown its been upgrading...then its working normally now with out any problem... 

Message 28 of 35
surricata

Hi. Now,I had some problems with my template files for RAC 2013. I had them installed, but i couldn't find them or use them. Maybe some of you had this problem, if so, this is what you have to do (and it's quite simple):

Go to c - program files- autodesk- metric/ imperial - templates and check to see your files

open revit - application menu- - options - file locations and specify the path to get to the template files. The default path is wrong. 

From now, when you start a new project, you'll get to choose the template. That's it. I hope I helped someone. Have a good day.

Message 29 of 35
albino
in reply to: surricata

Hello,

Had the same problem before and fixed it by creating path to my own template file.

You can check the detailes  here:

http://www.revitcity.com/forums.php?action=viewthread&thread_id=27922

Message 30 of 35
lesliedlugtu

yup, it works. Just went to add/remove programs then uninstall then install additional components.

thanks for the post. It hurts my brain to figure that out!

Message 31 of 35
ping.mu
in reply to: moegerbyte

@moegerbyte wrote:

Don't give up, because eventhough the setup stopped working after a while and I quit via the task manager, after a reboot the templates were available in revit (not in the default folder though, manually had to find this path "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2012\Templates\Austria" WITHIN Revit/Options/Directories/default template -> browse).

Hi there! Thanks for the thread! And I solved mine using your above tip. Here is what I did:

1. From Revit/Application/Options/Spelling_Additional Dictionaries, I copied the path : C:\ProgramData\Autodesk....

2. Pasted that path into FileExplorer and located the Templates. Copied the right path shown there.

3. Pasted the right path into Revit/Application/Options/File Locations_Default template file:

Or I guess one could also just simply manually type in the right path (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2012\Templates as you mentioned above in your post) into ....Default template file:.

Good luck with everyone!

Message 32 of 35
mehmetozkilinc

hi everyone 

i had a same problem too

but i solved it 

you should update revit mep 

control panel> program and features > autodesk revit mep> uninstall/change> add or remove features > select English-US metric>next 

wait a while 

it will be ok

Message 33 of 35

Hi everbody.

i don't know if it's mentioned before but i have a problem like Revit could not load my template in a file. I simply create a template file like xxx.rte, then i want to create a new project by choosing this but it acts like i don't choose anything and i can't see anything from the template.

So i think it's because we've upgraded the version from 2012 to 2013 and there must be a problem with that. When i tried another PC it works correctly.

I tried to save the template file as xx.rvt but it is grayed out in Save As menu.

We'll be in touch with the Autodesk support platform but any idea about what else could it be? 

Thanks 

Message 34 of 35
neuanhradi
in reply to: l.tucker

i think so.

Message 35 of 35
niranjandesai01

Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Revit Architecure 2012 -> Change/Remove-->in default content select us imperical...it worked in mine..hopin will work in all others too

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report