Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more 2013 WikiHelp?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Chad-Smith
677 Views, 7 Replies

No more 2013 WikiHelp?

What is up with the WikiHelp no longer allowing the browsing of the 2013 help topics? I assume this is the same for the 2012 as well.

I have clients who are trying to access specific version information such as for Revit Server installations, but can't.

If this is permanent, then this is a bad move.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bcarriere
in reply to: Chad-Smith

If I try to browse to the Wiki Help, I only get Revit 2014 also, but if I click the search tab and search for Revit 2013, the first item listed is Revit Server Overview for 2013. I sure hope this is not permanent.

bev

Message 3 of 8
Chad-Smith
in reply to: bcarriere

Not to mention having no access to the What's New.

Someone coming from 2012 to 2014 will not have access to reviewing what was included in 2013.

The whole Help system has fallen apart.

Message 4 of 8
bcarriere

Hopefully they are not done! The links are missing for the Essential Skills videos, so they can't be done???

bev

Message 5 of 8
edwin.prakoso

Wikihelp is retiring. From what I read, Autodesk is planning to integrate WikiHelp with the product online help.

Read about it here: WikiHelp retiring - making way for fresh new look.

So it's supposed to be only temporary. 

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 6 of 8
David_W_Koch

For now, you can still get to the Revit 2013 help here:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Chad-Smith

Looks like things have improved.
The links in that 2013 page were previously linking to 2014 topics.
Message 8 of 8
ChuckEdwards

Could the help for Autocad at least be improved please by putting it back the way it was?

The lack of any kind of navigation is hopeless, I'm really struggling with it. It should be the familiar tree view on the left giving some kind of overall structure, at the moment its near impossible tofind anything unless you know exactly what you're looking for.

I've been trying some LISP today after having not done it for a while, in the end I gave up using the Autocad help and went online to find help guides better and more user friendly than that which comes with Autocad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report