Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No families - No Libraries_Revit 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
b.dealexandris
435 Views, 3 Replies

No families - No Libraries_Revit 2013

Hello,
I installed Revit 2013 on my Pc (free student version downloaded from Autodesk Official Site). 

I was just wondering if I need to install any plug-in, or I have to add something I'm not aware of, because when I try to use for example the tool "window" or "door", the message that appears is "No windows family is loaded in the project. Would you like to load one now?".

I also tried the botton "ADD OR REPAIR" in the configuration start of the program, but nothing refers to families or libraries.
Where I have to seek?

Thanks for your help 🙂
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: b.dealexandris

Hi,

You have two things to consider. Either you have the libraries but you are starting from a template that does not include them and you have to load them. To check, go to Insert, Load Families, check if you have the families in you library. It will take you to the families folder.
If you don't then you need to download them.
Go to the control panel, add/remove, uninstall revit, click on add/remove content, then choose the libraries you need (Typically imperial and metric).

Regards,
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
b.dealexandris
in reply to: AJA14

Thanks.

After realising that I had no families and no templates, I tried with the add/remove panel and it took the whole night, but now it seems to me it's fixed.

I can see know from the start panel there are many more options I can choose from.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: b.dealexandris

Hi, You're welcome. Now, if you want to use the metric, you need to go to file location in the application menu>options dialog and switch the following from imperial files to metric files:

1- Templates

2- Family templates

3- Places (For Libraries)

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report