Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no door& window family loaded

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
tjrdh1211
25156 Views, 9 Replies

no door& window family loaded

no door family is loaded in the project----how do I solve this problem...? also window family too

I using Revit Architect 2012

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
lanl
in reply to: tjrdh1211

Hi tjrdh1211, The template file you use might not load any window or door family. You can click Insert tab, in Load from Libray panel, click "Load Family", then it will open your library folder, by default, it is C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RAC 2012\Libraries\US Metric, in US Metric folder, click Door folder, then load the door family file you need. If you have no files in the library folder, I am afraid that you might not install libraries during installation, you can follow the link below to install the library. http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/0000-Revit_In0/0001-Revit_In1/0017-Revit_In17/0019-... Thanks.

Lei Lan
Message 3 of 10
evo23
in reply to: lanl

hey lanl, please help, I'm using Revit architect 2013. my problem can't load all family same like tjrdh1211, i think not install library during installation. can you advice, where is download family? thanks in advance
Message 4 of 10
ennujozlagam
in reply to: evo23

hi, just follow this process  either Revit 2012 or 2013. hopes it helps.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 10

hi ennujozlagam (Mentor),

thank's it work.

Message 6 of 10
badawi8878
in reply to: tedypratama90

hey lanl, please help, I'm using Revit architect 2015. my problem can't load all family same like tjrdh1211, i think not install library during installation. can you advice, where is download family?

Message 7 of 10
ennujozlagam
in reply to: badawi8878

hi try to read and follow instruction here. hope it helps. thanks

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture/revit-2015-has-no-family-templates-files-installed/...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 8 of 10
Aarij
in reply to: lanl

I am facing same problem. I am using 2015 version

Message 9 of 10
ThePixlerHD
in reply to: Aarij

Hey I have Revit lt 2017 and have the same problem. i have used all kinds of help but not working litterally i dont have that metric folder nor libary.

Message 10 of 10

I am using version 2018 and facing the same problem.Can anyone help me out?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report